We believe there is more than one way to monetize or share the resources of a game, and for various reasons:
- Keeping the core developer team working on a beautiful product (aka pay for their salaries) and even make some money on top of that
- Ensure product lifetime by sharing the core resources with a community willing to build on top of the original theme or story
- Allow others to build spin-offs of your game
Gameleon delivers the technical layer underneath RPGs. This allows you to focus on the creative layer, which is about:
- Maps concept, layout and graphics
- Object skins, whether isometric or top-down, associated avatars and their graphics quality
- Item Icons - from common to epic in-game variation and their graphics style and quality
- Buff / Spell Icons - built considering game types, graphics quality and purpose
- Interface Textures - whether for inventory, action bar, minimap, character sheet, vendor interface, quest giver interface, loading screen or any other part of a RPG’s interface, it is always about the user experience and getting that immersive feeling in connection to the game
- AI Scripts. A complex script for an object / spell / item / instance can always be useful to replicate
The platform provides (at the moment) you with two ways to monetize your content:
- Selling game assets – every skin, map, loot icon, spell icon, interface texture or AI Script you build may be sold to other game developers.
Using the integrated asset market, these resources can be downloaded in PSD format (in the case of images) or be used directly in a new game. Assets may be sold or be given away for free. It is the author’s decision on how to best make them available.
- Selling premium items – each game can have a premium store, where special items are sold to the players. This is one of the techniques F2P games today use to keep themselves afloat.
We believe this is one of the core aspects of what Gameleon can deliver and we will add more ways to create revenue for the game creators, following feedback from our community.
We are working on integrating with various payment gateways and micropayment systems, allowing easy purchase for the end-user. Our strategy is to share the revenue with each creator, our percentage starting from 20%, considering volume and sales price.
That’s how we’ve envisoned and built The Asset Market, in Gameleon. If you have any questions about how it works or you would like to get involved, we’ll be more than happy to hear from you.